Wednesday 10 August 2011

London Olympics 2012: Olympics Minister Hugh Robertson said China's official Xinhua news agency has denied the claims

UK Sport and Olympics Minister Hugh Robertson said China's official Xinhua news agency has denied the claims made that London 2012 Olympics as the host image after widespread riots and looting have taken a beating.

Leeds Festival tickets

Xinhua reported that rioters and looters of the images left in London next year's London Olympics Security of the public are concerned about the situation.

Robertson was quoted as saying by The Daily Telegraph, "I think they are wrong, for 14 to 15 months that I have been Olympics minister I have made security the key area. I am absolutely happy, and I am not a novice in this having been in the army for 10 years".

Asked why he was so confident, Robertson said: "I know what's in that (security) package. The Chinese state news agency doesn't. I am absolutely convinced that the intelligence-led, risk-based assessed approach is the best possible way to have a safe and secure Games."

Robertson, however, admitted that rioting was embarrassing.

He said, "I am saying to them that our incredibly detailed and complex security plan gives us no better guarantee, as much as you can guarantee these things, that we can deliver a safe and secure Games".

London Olympics 2012 scheduled will runs form July 27-August 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment